Friday 29 November 2013

Hearts of Gold

Hi, guys!!! It has been a wet day and a long week. TGIF!!! Just came back from dinner and in flew a message from one of my students, "Hey there!! Sorry to disturb you. I'm doing a charity event next week. Wanna grab some cookies? $2 per packet. :))" I was wondering - hey, so cheap meh? Only $2?? Famous Amos charges a bomb for a similar sized packet. Oh well, these are logistics students - they know more about delivery systems than about pricing strategies. Should be charging the lecturers $20 per packet - all in the name of charity, right?


Don't the cookies look nice? I think they are really wonderful. And the students who make them are simply beautiful. They have good heads. They have good hearts. Hey, this is a pretty awesome combination, don't you think so?

“It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” 
― Mother Teresa

“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” 
― John Holmes

“A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog.” 
― Jack London

“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” 
― Maya Angelou

“The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful then a thousand heads bowing in prayer.” 
― Mahatma Gandhi


I always say, "God loves Tarcians." How many lives have Tarcians saved through their blood donation campaigns every semester? There are so many other activities that Tarcians do that contribute to the well-being of society. Do Tarcians come merely to study? I think, more than that, they have come to enrich the world.

SandWISHES!!!!

Selling for charity outside Bangunan TTSS
Update 6/12/2013
When I reached FAFB, was ambushed by a group of DHR students selling boxes of cookies - 10 bucks gone. Later entered office and met another group - my wallet getting lighter and lighter. Went to the canteen, which was a big mistake, and emptied my wallet. Pokai habis... had to go to the ATM nearby to save my life... Some images of today's actions...

tasting her own poison..

you and me?

live simply that others may simply live

now i know the gang leader!!!

one for all, all for one, all for charity

we make a life by what we give...

the best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others
Teachers and students inspire each other. I have not planned to do any writing tonight, but am so touched by my students' hearts of gold that I simply have to write something.


Going to be a busy weekend of convocation, football and assignment-marking for me. Have a great weekend, folks!! Yum cha!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment