Saturday 30 November 2013

Made It - But This Is Only The Beginning!!

Happy Convocation Day to all Tarcians!! (With the name change, what shall we call you - Tarucs, Tarucians? Give a suggestion.)

After seven semesters of study, today is a great day in the lives of these Tarcians (there will be greater days ahead). With diploma in hand, they are now promoted to the second year of the Bachelors Degree Programme. Mind you, it's tough really to get their diplomas - the standards set are really demanding. Graduates can rest assured that, with the strong foundation they have, they will be able to confront the challenges of the degree programme.



 



Words to a Graduate

Dare to dream, dare to try, 
dare to follow your heart. 
Opportunity is calling 
and graduation's the time to start. 
As you seek new challenges 
and make your dreams come true,
may this graduation day 
be a reminder of all that you can do.



As a parent, I know the satisfaction of seeing a child graduate. As a teacher, I'm thrilled to see the outward representation of the success of my students. Congratulations to you all and may there be more success coming your way. Let me buy you a drink. Yum Cha!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ha..ha... Mr Cheng, your 1st para told me that you should be in the Marketing dept NOT Management !!.. Come, join Tan PF, ditch Johan !! My boss will definitely yumcha with every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just woke up from my dreams to read of someone's calling for me to jump ship!!! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... I agree with Ms Lim ... you should be doing marketing... Look at me... gave up engineering for marketing... and loving every moment of it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, Suthesh, after years in education, I'm apt to scolding people and ain't that going to be disastrous for a marketer?

      Delete