Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Year, New Beginning - Start Attending Class

Happy New Year, Everyone!!!!!


Any resolution for the new calendar? Read my cousin's posting on FB that his resolution is to make no resolution. Usually, resolutions don't stick and his resolution not to make any resolution only stuck for 2 seconds. In his next statement, he's already resolved to starting work on his new book.


Saw another posting by my colleague regarding attendance for his lecture on the last day of last year. LOL!!!! He always sends attendance statistics to me, but what can I do? The desire to learn must come from the inner self of the students, even if they are forced to come, they are physically there but may not be learning. Worse still, they may prevent others from learning!!!


The New Year is a good opportunity for all of us to start new. It lets us have that fresh start kind of feeling - "Ok, forget about the past, let's look to the future. Let bygones be bygones". It's an opportune time for you to wipe the slate. LOL!!!! I see this as the positive point of starting the university's new semester this week!!! Psychologically, this should motivate students to attend lectures. So, I'm expecting a good attendance for my lecture tomorrow!!! You don't have to wait for New Year to rejuvenate yourself - your birthday can be equally inspiring, the beginning of the month will also do.


So, guys, make your resolutions. Your resolutions CAN stick even though your resolve may waiver. But we can have other points in time to regularly have fresh starts.


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Roland!

    Me myself, is not gonna make any resolutions. Haha.. Making the resolutions just for the sake of a new year is pretty pointless if there's no effort to complete them. ;P I think many people do that a lot.

    Btw, it's true that if they are not interested to learn, it is better for them not to attend the lecture. It would just screw up the vibe... Haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tensyi!!!! It's always great to see you appearing here. Making resolutions is easy, sustaining them is tough!!!! I'm giving myself one final chance this year to see whether I can keep my resolution for the next 364 and something days!!!! LOL!!!!! Never give up trying!!!!! I'm a diehard optimist!!!!

      Delete